Serving At Resurrection
Christians are called to work together and support one another. There are many opportunities to serve Christ and one another through the ministries of our church that provide inspiring worship, spiritual growth, fellowship and member care.
The following ministries assist with worship services:
- Altar Guild: Volunteers prepare the worship area. Contact Deanna Topping.
- Sunday Servants: Volunteers serve as worship assistants, prayer leaders and readers.
- Technology: Volunteers prepare and run the audio and visual systems for worship. Contact Jerry Pantelakis.
- Storytelling: Trained volunteers share the Gospel prior to the sermon.
To volunteer to serve, contact the designated leader in the Servant Schedule.
The following ministries greet people each Sunday:
- Ushers: Volunteers greet people, distribute worship materials and help people find seats. Contact Marty Jansons (8:15 a.m.), Dan Gilroy (9:45 a.m.) or Andy Morrison (11:15 a.m.).
- Greeters: Volunteers extend a warm welcome at the door or in the parking lot. Contact Jean DeCouto.
Community Engagement Volunteers
Volunteers develop and publicize special community events and represent Resurrection in building relationships with our community. Contact John Whetsone.
Children & Youth
The following ministries work with our children and youth:
- Sunday School teachers: Volunteers work in teams of two to teach Sunday mornings September through May. Training and curriculum provided.
- Youth leaders: Adult volunteers dedicate a few hours each month to build relationships with our middle and high school youth.
Contact Sharon Leon.
The following ministries coordinate various fellowship opportunities:
- Coffee Guild: Volunteers prepare and clean-up Sunday morning refreshments.
- Special Events: Volunteers support special church events as needed.
Contact Kerry Ackerson.
The following ministries facilitate special care to members:
- Shepherd’s Staff: Volunteers visit homebound people, deliver new baby baskets and take meals to those recently hospitalized. Contact Betty Didicher.
Volunteers pray for those in need. .
Volunteers provide “handyman” skills to support the general repair and upkeep of the buildings and grounds. Contact Kerry Ackerson.
For more information, contact Kerry Ackerson at 770.953.3193 ext. 101.